Cosmetic Bonding – Castle Rock, WA
Quick and Easy Repairs for a More Beautiful Smile
Tired of minor flaws keeping you from enjoying time spent with family, friends, and colleagues? Ready to do something about your smile and take advantage of the opportunities that await? With cosmetic teeth bonding at Cowlitz River Dental, Dr. Kennington can easily hide your imperfections and give you a healthier, more vibrant smile. Unlike other cosmetic solutions that are more invasive, the use of composite resin to hide tiny flaws requires little altering of your natural tooth structure. If you want to learn more about cosmetic bonding and if you’re a qualified candidate, review the information below and contact us to schedule a consultation today.
What is Cosmetic Bonding?
Cosmetic bonding is a less invasive, conservative dental treatment that is highly versatile at covering minor smile imperfections. Whether it is chips, cracks, stains, discoloration, or small gaps, the application process can be completed in just one visit.
Unlike veneers that require more of your tooth structure to be removed, cosmetic bonding allows you to keep more of your natural enamel, and because the composite resin is malleable, it is shaped and sculpted directly onto the tooth, ensuring it fully covers and lays flat for a more pleasing aesthetic.
Who is a Good Candidate?
No matter if you need to fill gapped teeth or simply hide a small fracture that is only evident to you and your dentist, cosmetic bonding is a simple and affordable option that will produce lasting results. But before you can move forward with treatment, you will need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kennington to determine if you are eligible.
You must have good general oral health and have no signs of cavities or gum disease. Otherwise, you will need to have these problems addressed before beginning cosmetic dentistry of any kind.
What Are the Benefits?
- The application process is quick and easy, requiring only one visit to our dental office
- It is virtually painless, as most patients do not require anesthesia or sedation
- The composite resin used to hide your flaws is durable and can last for 10 years or more with proper care and maintenance
- It is much more affordable than other cosmetic solutions (i.e., veneers, metal-free restorations)
- Cosmetic bonding is versatile in its ability to cover various flaws and imperfections
- It uses a malleable solution that is non-toxic and better for the environment
- Cosmetic bonding enhances your appearance and boosts your confidence
What is the Process for Cosmetic Bonding?
Once you are cleared for treatment, Dr. Kennington will begin by color-matching the composite resin to your natural tooth color. He will then roughen the tooth to ensure the resin adheres to your tooth's enamel and creates a solid and strong bond. Applying the composite resin to the surface of your tooth, he will begin to shape and sculpt it into place, ensuring it lays flat and effectively covers the imperfection.
Once he is satisfied with how it appears, he will use a special curing light to harden the resin. With a final polish, you will be free to leave and begin enjoying your beautiful, flawless smile.
Although cosmetic bonding is not a permanent solution, it is designed to last for a decade or longer as long as you take proper care of your smile. A few things you can do at home include:
- Avoiding the temptation to chew on inanimate objects or hard foods (i.e., biting fingernails, chewing on pens or pencils, eating ice)
- Maintaining good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day for two minutes, flossing at least once a day, and rinsing with an antimicrobial mouthwash
- Keeping your six-month dental checkups and cleanings with your cosmetic dentist in Castle Rock
- Avoiding dark-colored beverages (i.e., coffee, tea, soda) to prevent possible stains