Veneers – Castle Rock, WA
A Complete Smile Transformation
Odds are that there’s something you don’t like about your smile. Is it the color? Shape? A chip or crack? Are there gaps between your teeth? What if there were a cosmetic dentistry solution that could handle these types of problems and more? With veneers in Castle Rock, Dr. Kennington can take your desires for your smile and bring them to life. Our Castle Rock, WA dental office offers veneers and other cosmetic dentistry services to help you feel better about your smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
Imagine if you could simply place beautiful, white teeth right on top of your own imperfect smile. This is basically how veneers work. Tooth-shaped pieces of porcelain are created for you and bonded to the front of your teeth. With veneers, we can cover a multitude of problems by simply placing these pieces of porcelain directly on top of your broken smile.
Veneers have been in use for decades, which proves their reliability and general success as a way to makeover smiles. They were initially developed for Hollywood actors, but they’ve proven to be one of the most popular and effective cosmetic dentistry services available today. They’re designed to cover:
- Stains and discoloration
- Minor gaps
- Minor misalignments
- Misshapen teeth
The Process of Getting Veneers
When you visit Cowlitz River Dental in Castle Rock, WA, you’ll find the dental care services you’ve been looking for in an atmosphere that’s both technologically advanced and as comfortable as home. During your veneers consultation, we’ll make sure to ask you thorough questions and gather complete information to help us shape your smile just the way you want it. If cleared for treatment, we will remove a small portion of tooth enamel from the surface of your teeth to ensure your veneers bond correctly to your natural teeth when placed. We will then capture impressions of your smile, as they will serve as a blueprint for lab technicians who will fabricate your customized veneers.
Because it often takes several weeks before your new veneers are ready for placement, we will apply temporary veneers in the meantime. Once they arrive in our office, you will return to have your temporaries removed and your permanent veneers put into place. We will not consider the process complete until you are totally satisfied with the look of your smile.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are known for their unique ability to transform smiles suffering from an array of imperfections. While there are many cosmetic solutions available, the benefits of veneers in Castle Rock cannot be overlooked, such as:
- They can last more than a decade as long as you commit to taking proper care of your smile.
- They’re extremely versatile in what problems they can hide.
- They are stain-resistant because they lack the porous material of regular tooth enamel.
- They only require 2-3 visits to our dental office.
- The procedure is much less invasive than having dental crowns put into place.
- They are durable and can withstand the daily tasks of eating, speaking, and chewing.
You can visit our Castle Rock, WA dental office to begin the smile makeover process with veneers. For patients from nearby communities in southwest Washington and northwest Oregon, Cowlitz River Dental offers a convenient place for quality cosmetic dental care. When you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in Castle Rock for your smile makeover, consider Dr. Kennington at Cowlitz River Dental – with extensive experience and years of creating successful cases under his belt, he's known for his professional results with veneers. Contact us for an appointment.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Understanding the cost of veneers in Castle Rock requires meeting with Dr. Kennington for a complete consultation. It is during this visit that he will go over the benefits of this type of treatment as well as other possible solutions that are available in our office. If you’re looking to obtain the Hollywood transformation, you can’t go wrong with veneers, but it’s important that you understand the process, cost, and commitment you must make when pursuing this type of care. Learn more about the cost of veneers and what other options you might consider when choosing a cosmetic solution.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Your cosmetic dentist will sit down with you to go over the various cosmetic dental treatments we offer in-house as well as their price points. Here is a brief breakdown of each below:
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers can change the size, shape, and color of your teeth in just two appointments. Although permanent because a small bit of tooth enamel must be removed, they can last 10+ years but are considered a costlier form of treatment.
- Invisalign: If you have crooked, gapped, or misaligned teeth, Invisalign clear aligners can straighten your smile but not change the size, shape, or color of your teeth. Also, the average timeframe for completion is 12-18 months, and it can be expensive depending on your case.
- Six Month Smiles: Although this service only focuses on straightening those teeth that are most visible, it only focuses on the alignment of your smile, not the color or size, so it is limited in its abilities and can be costly.
- Metal-Free Restorations: Metal-free restorations are a worthwhile investment if you have decayed or damaged teeth, but if you choose this method to hide flaws, you’ll find it to be a bit more invasive and expensive, especially if you have multiples made.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Cosmetic bonding is great when fixing minor flaws, and it is a less invasive solution than veneers. However, it does not last as long but is considered to be quite affordable.
- Teeth Whitening: When stains and discoloration keep you from being happy with your smile, you can opt for teeth whitening. Boosting the shade of your teeth is a great way to achieve a brighter smile in less time, but it will not address the size or shape of your teeth.
- Smile Makeovers: Undergoing a smile makeover is a great option if you have multiple imperfections that need to be addressed; however, the cost can add up depending on how many services are included in your treatment plan.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
When choosing to receive dental veneers to transform your smile, you’ll want to know how you can pay for this type of treatment. Naturally, you’ll want to consider dental insurance, but the reality is that most companies do not offer coverage for cosmetic care. Their reason is that it is deemed an elective procedure, not medically necessary. With that being said, you can enroll in flexible financing through CareCredit, which allows you to participate in a low-to-no-interest payment plan with no surprise fees.
Want veneers but are unsure about where to start, what to expect, and who is the best person to see about treatment? These are common questions many patients have when it comes to transforming their smile with customized restorations such as porcelain veneers. Dr. Kennington and our team at Cowlitz River Dental want you to feel confident in your decision, so while you are searching for answers, we invite you to review the list below that contains some of the most frequently asked questions from our patients on the topic of veneers. You’ll also find clear and concise answers from our highly skilled cosmetic dentist who is ready to help you feel better about your smile.
Can you whiten veneers?
No, veneers cannot be whitened because they are not porous like traditional tooth enamel. When applying any kind of whitening gel to the surface, it will not cause your teeth to shine brighter. Instead, these products can actually work to break down the bonding agent that holds your veneers against the front surfaces of your teeth.
If you’re concerned that your teeth will not look uniform once your veneers are in place, it is best to consider teeth whitening beforehand so that you have a balanced and even appearance. Also, while wearing veneers, you are strongly encouraged to maintain good oral hygiene and avoid darkly pigmented foods and beverages to prevent discoloration over time.
What happens to teeth underneath veneers?
Indeed, veneers cannot decay; however, because they only cover the front surfaces of your teeth, the backsides can be plagued by tooth decay and cavities if you’re not careful. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing is essential if you want to keep your veneers as long as possible. Also, continuing to see your cosmetic dentist for regular checkups and cleanings is necessary to ensure no damage or additional problems exist that might pose a threat to the longevity of your new smile.
Can I drink coffee with veneers?
While you can drink coffee with veneers, it is strongly recommended that you minimize your exposure to this dark-colored beverage. The reason is that it contains tannins that can cause staining over time. Although veneers are known to be more stain-resistant, if exposed too often, they can become yellowed and discolored.
If you simply cannot forgo your morning cup of joe, though, it’s best to use a straw when drinking your coffee and try to avoid sipping on it throughout the day.
Will dental insurance cover veneer treatment?
No, it is unlikely that your dental insurance company will cover veneer treatment. Because these restorations are not commonly used for medical purposes or to improve your oral health, they are viewed as elective treatments. Dental insurance companies only provide coverage for preventive, restorative, and emergency care (in most cases), so you’ll need to determine another way to pay for your care. This can include enrolling in a plan with a third-party company like CareCredit. You can pay out the cost of your care over time instead of all upfront, making it easier on your budget.